SunPerl Construction Perlite
- Lightweight, insulating plasters
- Insulating screeds on concrete floors or roofs
- Lightweight, insulating concrete
- Loose fill in cavities for insulation
- Fireproofing of structural steel columns and beams
- Lightweight precast cladding
- Decorative applications
Perlite’s has excellent insulating qualities with long-term savings in energy consumption over the lifecycle of the building. It is also used in various finished precast products, making them lighter and easier to transport.
Thermal resistance (R-value) of loose Perlite.
The thermal conductivity (K-value) of SunPerl is 0.04 to 0.05 W/m·K. This is compared to the K-value of dry sand which is 0.15 to 0.25 W/m·K. The thermal resistance or “R-value” for loose Perlite is calculated by dividing the thickness of the fill layer by the thermal conductivity (K) of our Perlite.
Mass per bagTypically 7-8kg
Volume per bag100 litres
Bulk Density Typically 70-80kg/m3
Description of bagWhite Polypropylene bag - stitched
Shelf LifeIndefinite. Handle with care as Perlite particles are fragile and
are may be crushed under any weight resulting in a loss of